Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'Tis the Season…

’Tis the season…for giving parties, giving presents and giving thanks. Personally, anything that involves sparkly lights is okay with me. I am especially thrilled to be participating in the East Prospect 2 Exhibition: Art for the Holidays happening Thursday, December 6th from 5- 8pm and Saturday, December 8th from 11am to 4pm at 545 East Prospect in Fayetteville, Arkansas, not only because I am in awe of the work of all the visual artists involved but also because Craig Colorusso, who brought his amazing Sun Boxes to the summer east prospect show, is back with a Cube Music installation. (I've been told the lights do not sparkle, but glow with the music, which sounds wonderful.) I will be showing some of my textile paintings and I’ve got a new batch of scarves perfect for gift giving or holiday party wear.


Cube Music • Craig Colorusso • photo ©2012 Megan Chapman
My scarves are also available in my new Etsy shop, if you’d like to take a look. I’ve been experimenting with some new dying techniques and things have gotten wildly colorful—perfect to brighten up those dreary winter days. And, as always, if you are interested in giving a gift of my art for the holidays, or any time, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have. I am happy to ship anywhere in the world.


Scarves for the holidays • ©2012 Jennifer Libby Fay
More exciting news, I’ve been invited to participate in the Snowflake Salon: biennial invitation 2012 at the Art Bridge Club of Center City, 1616 Walnut Street, Fourteenth Floor, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The exhibition runs from December 14th to February 8th 2013, and there’s a reception Friday, December 14, from 5 – 8 pm. If you are in Philadelphia I would love for you to stop by and let me know how it all looks. I may have to figure out a way to get there myself…

Snowflake Salon works in progress • ©2012 Jennifer Libby Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment